Can't find the post you're looking for?
Please scroll to the bottom of the page, where you'll find the blog archive, containing all of the posts ever published on this blog.

Monday, October 14, 2013

Yet More Avatar Land News!

The past few days have seen the Disney Community abuzz with excited activity, following Friday's announcement by Tom Staggs at both the D23 Expo in Japan and on the Disney Parks Blog concerning new details about the much anticipated Avatar Land, set to open at Disney's Animal Kingdom in 2017. Following my article yesterday on this exciting piece of news, I was planning an article for today detailing my views (of which I have many!) on the information shared about Avatar Land, as well as my thoughts on the prospects this new area will have and finally opinions which I have encountered in this wonderful Disney Community of ours over the few days since the news broke. But then... More news!!!

Today saw Thomas Smith- the Social Media Director for the Disney Parks- share an awe-inspiring video about Avatar Land, which was originally shown alongside Tom Staggs' presentation in Japan. The video, which was released as part of this Disney Parks Blog Article, features messages from both James Cameron and Joe Rohde, as well as some fascinating animated concept art, clips from Avatar showing things that will be brought to life in Avatar Land, and so much more.

All I can say is wow. Wow, wow, wow. Just wow. This is going to be absolutely amazing! Whilst there was never even the faintest whisper of a doubt in my mind that the Imagineers would make what is widely considered to be an unusual choice for a new land as magical and immersive as all of their previous work, it seems like they have truly outdone themselves as they always do without fail with every new experience they bring to the parks. Any scepticism I did have towards Avatar coming to Animal Kingdom has completely vanished, and I am now more excited about this new addition to the park than I have been since its original announcement. Joe Rohde and James Cameron spoke with such enthusiasm and passion about the project that I couldn't help feeling the same way about it myself, and am now itching to learn more about the experiences that will be offered when this new land opens.

I won't say anything else- only that if you haven't already, go watch that video! I promise that you won't be disappointed! I for one can't wait to see Avatar Land to come to fruition, nor can I wait to write more about my views on the subject, an article which I will publish sometime at the weekend, as I want to give this news time to settle and see what other people's opinions are on it. Therefore it's actually quite convenient that I'm having to delay the article somewhat!

Thanks for reading! Please also check out the amazing We're Going to Walt Disney World Podcast! Have a magical day, and see you tomorrow for an article about the other changes coming to Disney's Animal Kingdom!

No comments: